33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.
10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
25 The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
2 The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.
Life gets so busy and demanding at times that we forget to seek the kingdom of God first. We set out to accomplish things under our own power and in our own way, and in our own self-designated time frame.
Many times completely forget to seek God’s will or His counsel in the matter. It’s not surprising that when things go awry we are confused and sometimes even upset.
Today I want to encourage you in the ways that you can seek God first, and trust Him to add the things that you are striving and stressing for your life. Remember, they will only be added if He determines that they are what is
best for you. If they are not added it may be for your protection, or because it’s not best for you at the time.
The following questions will help you determine where you may need to improve as you strive to seek the Kingdom of God first.
1. To seek God first means, what matters to Him is important to you and you live your life accordingly. You value first and foremost the principles and guidelines that He has left in His word for us to abide by.
2. You go to Him first for council before anyone else.
3. Your prayer life is consistent and frequent.
4. He is the first person you spend time with each morning. I suggest that you make a plan to start and end each day with Him. You will be so blessed by doing so.
5. He is the authority and the standard that you make your decisions by.
6. Pleasing Him is a priority in your life, and as a result, you are blessed with joy.
7. You share your testimony with others of how God has worked in your life so that they are encouraged to give their lives to Christ. This aide in kingdom building.
8. You take time to study and meditate on His word daily.
9. You honor Him by doing for those who are less fortunate. You find time to make yourself available to be there for those who are in need. You desire to be God’s servant.
10. Your monetary gifts reveal your commitment to God’s kingdom as well. To see if you are on the right track, take a look at your bank account. Where are your dollars going? Are you tithing? Our giving is a true sign of our trust in God’s ability to provide for us.
Trust that God’s words are true. Seek Him first and you will be taken care of. You will have all that you need. The question is, will you trust Him?
2 Blessed are those who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart—
1 Chronicle 16:11
11 Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.