I am happy to say, that I am blessed that I come from a praying family. All of my life I have witnessed what it looks like to see God powerfully working as a result of prayers going up. There is a saying that I have heard over the years, and you probably have heard it too ” When prayers go up blessings come down”.
Today because I believe so strongly in the power of prayer, I would like to share 10 Tips that I think will give you a strong Prayer Ministry. If you do decide to start your own personal Prayer Ministry, you can be sure that God will be honored and you will be blessed.
10 Tips On How To Have A Strong Prayer Ministry
1. Keep a small notebook and an ink pen in your purse at all times, to write down prayer requests. Be sure you not only write down their request but try to get their contact info also.
2. Set aside a few minutes each day to pray over the prayer request in your notebook. Continue praying over these requests, until your prayers have been answered. Put a heart or star by the name of the person that you were praying for. It will be encouraging to see how many prayers are being answered.
3. Follow up with a call or text to see how the person you are praying for is doing, and how you can better serve them through continued prayer.
4. If you have their mailing address send them a card of encouragement.
5. If a prayer request is anonymous or unspoken. Respect the privacy of the person requesting the prayer. God knows who they are and their circumstances.
6. Find a scripture that applies to their situation and share it with the person that you are praying for to encourage them.
7. When their prayer has been answered, call them and ask them if they are ok with you praying a prayer of praise and Thanksgiving. This will encourage them to remember to give God the glory for their answered prayer.
8. Some prayers are not answered quickly. It may take months even years to get an answer. In this case assure the person that you are praying for, that God hears their prayers and that they are not in this alone. Let them know you are willing to continue praying until God sends their answer.
9. Depending on the severity of the prayer request, you may consider asking the person if they are ok with you sharing their request with other prayer warriors that you know. Only share if you have been given permission to do so.
10. I personally use the ACTS method of praying. I even use this method in journaling my prayers. I think that you may like it as well, and it is something great to share with the person you are praying for.
May God richly bless you, as you go to Him in the prayer on behalf of those who need to hear from Him. Your example of praying may lead someone to Christ. Remember prayer changes things and it changes people. We definitely love and serve a God who answers prayers.
9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,[a] 10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[b] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.
2 Kings 6:17
17 And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
1 John 5:16
16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.
1 Samuel 12:23
23 As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right.
10 After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.
16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.